Workshops with Mike Tuffrey in July 2017
Corporate Citizenship’s Co-founding Director, Mike Tuffrey will be visiting LBG Australia in July this year to deliver a series of events in Melbourne and Sydney. We are delighted to offer you the opportunity to learn from Mike, a global leader in CSR and sustainability. Check out further details of the workshops available:
Sustainable Development Goals – Social Expectation or Business Opportunity? Melbourne
Global Trends in CSR and Sustainability - Melbourne
Sustainable Development Goals – Social Expectation or Business Opportunity? Sydney
Global Trends in CSR and Sustainability - Sydney
Mike will also have limited availability to run bespoke workshops for your CR teams and senior management. Tailored to your own circumstances, workshops include an alignment session in advance to identify desired outcomes, appropriate questions to share with participants in preparation, a set of workshop case study materials and a post session debrief to firm up next steps.
Potential topics include:
- Sustainability Plans – how to go beyond corporate responsibility strategies to align commitments with your business strategy
- Investing for shared value – understanding the latest developments in corporate community involvement around impact and how to link social investment with a business case rationale
- Turning the burden of reporting into effective communication with stakeholders. As demands for external reporting on CSR grow, how do leading companies get the payback from the effort in terms of enhanced reputation?
- Building long term value for investors – as ESG goes increasingly mainstream, CR and IR departments need to work closely together
- Sustainable Development Goals: why they matter and how to learn from international best practice
Get in touch with Simon Robinson to discuss Mike's availability today.
Who is Mike Tuffrey?
Mike Tuffrey cofounded Corporate Citizenship – now comprising a team of 45 specialists across six locations worldwide - and has led the growth and development of LBG over the last 20 years.
Originally qualifying as a chartered accountant with KPMG, his career has encompassed leadership roles in the charity sector as well as public service as an elected member in London government. Today he provides strategic consulting services to corporate clients and serves in pro bono roles as treasurer of the New Economics Foundation, trustee of The Restart Project and adviser to the Green Alliance.
Highlights of Mike’s experience and expertise include:
- Working with Unilever in developing and launching the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan, as part of a consulting relationship that’s lasted more than 15 years on assignments as varied as consumer behaviour change, gender equality, cause marketing and human rights
- Producing Ford India’s first socio-economic impact report, assessing responsible business practices and wider contributions around its original Chennai investment
- Creating the Investing for Shared Value methodology as an addition to LBG for ‘win-win’ business activities
- Developing the original HSBC Investing in Nature Partnership, a $50m conservation initiative, and supporting its extension into climate and now water
- Leading Corporate Citizenship’s thought leadership programme on the Sustainable Development Goals, advising clients on adapting their strategies and conducting research for the forthcoming Business & Sustainable Development Commission report
- Devising a ‘tax map’ and set of 10 tax principles – written up in two ground-breaking reports by Corporate Citizenship - to help companies navigate the challenges to pay fair taxes
- Pioneering the use of cash value added accounting in SABMiller’s initial reporting, subsequently adopted by the Global Reporting Initiative and working with GRI on sector guidance
- Writing seven publications on the effective management and measurement of corporate community investment and employee involvement
- Consulting with more than 50 leading companies, as diverse as ANZ, Coca Cola, the European Investment Bank, GSK, IBM, Mars, Shell and Vodafone, on assignments including materiality assessments, report assurance, DJSI submissions, stakeholder engagement and strategy reviews.
Mike also created Corporate Citizenship Briefing as a journal for business managers on CSR - now the online media arm of Corporate Citizenship which distributes daily news and analysis on sustainable and responsible business, with a subscriber list of over 5000. He blogs regularly at miketuffrey.com.